The NSAH Board of Directors has extended the submission period for Abstracts to be presented at the 2023 Annual Conference and Meeting. The Conference will be held March 30-April 1, 2023 at Alabama State University in Montgomery, Alabama. The revised submission date for abstracts is December 2, 2022.
The mission of the National Society of Allied Health (NSAH) is to serve as the official voice for Historically Black Colleges and Universities with schools or programs of allied health professions. As an organization that advocates for education, research, best practices, and professional development, we are in the position to impact the future of the allied health professions workforce.
As such, the education and training of allied health professionals is central to the growth and development of a health care workforce that addresses the health disparities of underrepresented and disadvantaged populations. Diversity and cultural awareness may offer a foundation to support a caring, competent, and healthy workforce. The NSAH invites you to submit abstracts of your presentation describing your innovations, best practices, and experiences that positively influence the future of the allied health professions.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- How the allied health professions are relevant, responsive, and committed to the promotion of health and wellness in underserved and disadvantaged communities
- How trends and the social determinants of health impact under represented and disadvantaged communities of color
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in allied health education
- Recruitment, and retention of skilled health professions, faculty, and administrators
- Support of work/life balance, and strategies for stress management and wellbeing of educators and health care practitioners, especially considering the lingering pandemic and the many social changes of the past two years
- Technology in allied health education and patient care
- Issues that pertain to transition from student to healthcare practitioner
- The value and sustainability of allied health professional organizations