In celebration of Allied Health Professions Week, the National Society of Allied Health (NSAH) is hosting its annual student competition among its constituent organizations. The purpose of the competition is to promote allied health science and the allied health professions in the community at large.
- Allied health professionals deliver services involving the identification, evaluation and prevention of diseases and disorders, dietary and nutrition services, rehabilitation, and health systems management.
- When combined, allied health professions comprise nearly 60 percent of the health professions workforce.
- Allied Health Professions week is celebrated annually during the first full week of November. The Board of Directors has decided the competition will include those activities that occurred throughout the fall 2022 through January 31, 2023
- This time is set aside to recognize the significance of allied health science and the many health professionals who contribute to health care delivery, service, and education.
The NSAH invites allied health students at constituent schools to participate in a competition that highlights and promotes the allied health professions. Student teams will be invited to present their projects at the annual conference that will be held March 30- April 1, 2023, at Alabama State University in Montgomery, Alabama. Prizes for student teams are the following:
- 1st place $500
- 2nd place $250
- 3rd place $100
Your project report must be submitted submitted no later than February 17, 2023. It should be:
- Fun and engaging
- Show results
Please submit a description of your novel project using APA style format to include:
- A summary of the event(s) – 1 page
- Methods used – how you designed and implemented your allied health week activities (2 – 3 pages)
- Outcomes (2 – 3 pages)
- Attachments – videos, photos on CDs (optional), photos via zip drive and include the format (jpeg, etc.)
- A letter from a faculty advisor that confirms completion of the project during the fall and before January 31, 2023.
Submit your project electronically no later than February 17, 2023 to:
Dr. Gloria Rogers, Executive Director, NSAH
Email: [email protected]
- Alabama State University
- Florida A&M University
- Howard University
- Norfolk State University
- Winston-Salem State University
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center